List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zardosht Kasheff Date:May 22 2010 3:00pm
Subject:Re: running replication tests with storage engine plugin installed
View as plain text
Hello all,

Mark's suggestion works great for our engine on tests that do not use
the InnoDB plugin. However, when a test runs the innodb_plugin, our
engine is not loaded. So, we are not able to run tests with the innodb
plugin installed and our engine installed.

Here is the command line argument:

./mysql-test-run.pl --mysqld=--plugin-load=my_engine=ha_my_engine.so
--suite=my_suite

It would be great to run tests with both the innodb plugin and our
plugin installed. The real problem comes when we have additional
variables passed in via --mysqld that are defined in our engine. When
the innodb_plugin test tries to run, because our engine is not loaded,
the variable passed in is undefined and the test fails to run.

Any ideas?

Thanks
-Zardosht

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 6:45 PM, Zardosht Kasheff <zardosht@stripped> wrote:
> Thanks a lot Mark.
>
> This is working.
>
> -Zardosht
>
> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 6:37 PM, MARK CALLAGHAN <mdcallag@stripped> wrote:
>> This worked for me:
>>
> http://www.facebook.com/MySQLatFacebook?v=app_2347471856#!/note.php?note_id=382618805932
>>
>> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 1:33 PM, Zardosht Kasheff <zardosht@stripped>
> wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I am trying to run a replication test with a private storage engine
>>> installed as a plugin. I have already installed the plugin, so
>>> whenever I start mysqld, the plugin is installed. However, when I go
>>> to run ./mysql-test-run.pl suite/rpl/t/rpl_multi_engine.test, the
>>> plugin is not installed, and I cannot use our private engine.
>>>
>>> I also see that somehow, the innodb plugin is run. How does this happen?
>>>
>>> Any ideas what may be going on? We have not run into this problem,
>>> because until now, we have had our scripts use mysqltest directly.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> -Zardosht
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Mark Callaghan
>> mdcallag@stripped

Thread
running replication tests with storage engine plugin installedZardosht Kasheff4 May
  • Re: running replication tests with storage engine plugin installedMARK CALLAGHAN5 May
    • Re: running replication tests with storage engine plugin installedZardosht Kasheff5 May
      • Re: running replication tests with storage engine plugin installedZardosht Kasheff22 May
        • Re: running replication tests with storage engine plugin installedSergei Golubchik22 May