List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zardosht Kasheff Date:May 4 2010 10:41pm
Subject:Re: running replication tests with storage engine plugin installed
View as plain text
Hello Sergei,

Thanks for the tip. It is still not working, but I suspect it is due
to something on my end. Is there an error log produced somewhere? I
cannot seem to find one.

It states my engine is not supported, but I do not know if it is not
even trying to load it, or if the load fails.

Thanks
-Zardosht

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 6:13 PM, Sergei Golubchik <sergii@stripped> wrote:
> Hi, Zardosht!
>
> On May 04, Zardosht Kasheff wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am trying to run a replication test with a private storage engine
>> installed as a plugin. I have already installed the plugin, so
>> whenever I start mysqld, the plugin is installed. However, when I go
>> to run ./mysql-test-run.pl suite/rpl/t/rpl_multi_engine.test, the
>> plugin is not installed, and I cannot use our private engine.
>>
>> I also see that somehow, the innodb plugin is run. How does this happen?
>>
>> Any ideas what may be going on? We have not run into this problem,
>> because until now, we have had our scripts use mysqltest directly.
>
> mysql-test-run starts mysqld with its own settings, everything you
> install in some other mysql installation does not matter.
>
> You can change suite/rpl/my.cnf
> or for one-time run simply start the test as
>
>  ./mtr --mysqld=--default-storage-engine=your_private_engine
> rpl.rpl_multi_engine
>
> Regards,
> Sergei
>
> P.S.: I've used ./mtr as it's shorter and faster to type. it's a symlink
> to mysql-test-run
> P.P.S.: for the same reason I've used rpl.rpl_multi_engine instead of
> suite/rpl/t/rpl_multi_engine.test
> P.P.P.S: see ./mtr --help for more ways to affect the test behavior

Thread
running replication tests with storage engine plugin installedZardosht Kasheff4 May
  • Re: running replication tests with storage engine plugin installedMARK CALLAGHAN5 May
    • Re: running replication tests with storage engine plugin installedZardosht Kasheff5 May
      • Re: running replication tests with storage engine plugin installedZardosht Kasheff22 May
        • Re: running replication tests with storage engine plugin installedSergei Golubchik22 May