List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz Date:April 15 2010 12:12am
Subject:Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?
View as plain text
On 15.04.2010, at 02:03, Stewart Smith wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 21:43:44 +0400, Konstantin Osipov <kostja@stripped> wrote:
>> * Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz <hakan@stripped> [10/04/14 20:47]:
>>
>>> We were busy with our preparations for the MySQL UC. Brian, we
>>> totally agree that having a separate sql-bench repository on
>>> launchpad is the way to go. I am currently trying to figure out
>>> how to export sql-bench with the help of bzr in a way, so that
>>> re-merging it back into MariaDB becomes easy. I think the same
>>> will be true for merging with MySQL sources, too.
>>
>> Not as much as I'm personally interested in collaboration on
>> sql-bench, it would be very interesting to hear about your
>> experience trying to extract it from the tree into a
>> separate repository.
>
> wasn't it already in one?
>
> did that never make it into the outside world? or was it pulled back in?
> or other bits of disorganisation?
>
> I remember using an external tree when throwing it against
> NDB... well.. 5 years ago or something?

Well, I don't know. 5 years is almost out of my MySQL as an employee horizon.
However, we want to keep the commit history, that's why we are looking for
a nice way to export.

Best,

Hakan

--
Hakan Küçükyılmaz, QA/Benchmark Engineer, Stuttgart/Germany
Monty Program Ab, http://askmonty.org/

Thread
Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binarypackages?Joerg Bruehe9 Feb
  • RE: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Vladislav Vaintroub9 Feb
    • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Joerg Bruehe9 Feb
  • re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Michael Widenius10 Feb
    • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?MARK CALLAGHAN10 Feb
      • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Sergei Golubchik10 Feb
      • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Michael Widenius11 Feb
        • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Patrick Galbraith11 Feb
          • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Michael Widenius10 Mar
            • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Brian Aker10 Mar
              • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz14 Apr
                • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Brian Aker14 Apr
                • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Konstantin Osipov14 Apr
                  • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Stewart Smith15 Apr
                    • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz15 Apr