List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brian Aker Date:April 14 2010 2:36pm
Subject:Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?
View as plain text
Hi!

That is awesome to here!

Cheers,
	-Brian

On Apr 14, 2010, at 7:23 AM, Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 10.03.2010, at 19:01, Brian Aker wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> On Mar 10, 2010, at 9:46 AM, Michael Widenius wrote:
>>
>>> This will make each sql-bench more MariaDB release specific and a
>>> newer sql-bench may not necessarily work with an older version if
>>> MariaDB.
>>
>> It sounds like then that you just need to keep your own version
>> while the rest of us work on this one. The goal has been to keep
>> the tools neutral so that we can test them across multiple
>> databases. I can see why you wouldn't want to spend time on the
>> others, but that also means that the rest of us need to keep
>> working on these tools.
>>
>> There is more value I believe in collaborating on a single set of
>> tools. Personally I would like to see more focus on that.
>
> We were busy with our preparations for the MySQL UC. Brian, we
> totally agree that
> having a separate sql-bench repository on launchpad is the way to
> go. I am currently
> trying to figure out how to export sql-bench with the help of bzr in
> a way, so that
> re-merging it back into MariaDB becomes easy. I think the same will
> be true for
> merging with MySQL sources, too.
>
> Best,
>
> Hakan
>

> --
> Hakan Küçükyılmaz, QA/Benchmark Engineer, Stuttgart/Germany
> Monty Program Ab, http://askmonty.org/
> Skype: hakank_  Phone: +49 171 1919839

Thread
Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binarypackages?Joerg Bruehe9 Feb
  • RE: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Vladislav Vaintroub9 Feb
    • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Joerg Bruehe9 Feb
  • re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Michael Widenius10 Feb
    • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?MARK CALLAGHAN10 Feb
      • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Sergei Golubchik10 Feb
      • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Michael Widenius11 Feb
        • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Patrick Galbraith11 Feb
          • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Michael Widenius10 Mar
            • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Brian Aker10 Mar
              • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz14 Apr
                • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Brian Aker14 Apr
                • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Konstantin Osipov14 Apr
                  • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Stewart Smith15 Apr
                    • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz15 Apr