List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz Date:April 14 2010 2:23pm
Subject:Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?
View as plain text
Hi,

On 10.03.2010, at 19:01, Brian Aker wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Mar 10, 2010, at 9:46 AM, Michael Widenius wrote:
>
>> This will make each sql-bench more MariaDB release specific and a
>> newer sql-bench may not necessarily work with an older version if
>> MariaDB.
>
> It sounds like then that you just need to keep your own version while the rest of us
> work on this one. The goal has been to keep the tools neutral so that we can test them
> across multiple databases. I can see why you wouldn't want to spend time on the others,
> but that also means that the rest of us need to keep working on these tools.
>
> There is more value I believe in collaborating on a single set of tools. Personally I
> would like to see more focus on that.

We were busy with our preparations for the MySQL UC. Brian, we totally agree that
having a separate sql-bench repository on launchpad is the way to go. I am currently
trying to figure out how to export sql-bench with the help of bzr in a way, so that
re-merging it back into MariaDB becomes easy. I think the same will be true for
merging with MySQL sources, too.

Best,

Hakan

--
Hakan Küçükyılmaz, QA/Benchmark Engineer, Stuttgart/Germany
Monty Program Ab, http://askmonty.org/

Thread
Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binarypackages?Joerg Bruehe9 Feb
  • RE: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Vladislav Vaintroub9 Feb
    • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Joerg Bruehe9 Feb
  • re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Michael Widenius10 Feb
    • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?MARK CALLAGHAN10 Feb
      • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Sergei Golubchik10 Feb
      • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Michael Widenius11 Feb
        • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Patrick Galbraith11 Feb
          • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Michael Widenius10 Mar
            • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Brian Aker10 Mar
              • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz14 Apr
                • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Brian Aker14 Apr
                • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Konstantin Osipov14 Apr
                  • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Stewart Smith15 Apr
                    • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz15 Apr