List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 13 2010 4:46am
Subject:Re: doxygen comments in header files
View as plain text
Hi!

MARK> On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 5:56 AM, Michael Widenius <monty@stripped>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi!

>> However, for someone trying to read or debug the code, having the
>> comments in the header file can be a nightmare.

MARK> Pardon the lousy argument, but the rest of the world disagrees with
MARK> you. Documenting the interface in a header file is a standard
MARK> practice.

What I meant was not to that there would not be any documentation in
the header file;

Of course the purpose of a class and its common members should be
documented.

What I was saying is that I find it even more important that the
comments in the .c/.cc files are complete; Having incomplete comments
in the .cc / .c files and expect that people MUST read the .h files to
understand one implementation is a nightmare.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
doxygen comments in header filesGuilhem Bichot31 Mar
  • Re: doxygen comments in header filesTor Didriksen6 Apr
    • Re: doxygen comments in header filesGuilhem Bichot6 Apr
      • Re: doxygen comments in header filesMats Kindahl6 Apr
    • Re: doxygen comments in header filesKristian Nielsen6 Apr
      • Re: doxygen comments in header filesGuilhem Bichot9 Apr
        • Re: doxygen comments in header filesTimour Katchaounov11 Apr
          • Re: doxygen comments in header filesDavi Arnaut11 Apr
            • Re: doxygen comments in header filesDavi Arnaut11 Apr
            • Re: doxygen comments in header filesSergei Golubchik11 Apr
              • Re: doxygen comments in header filesGuilhem Bichot12 Apr
                • Re: doxygen comments in header filesTor Didriksen12 Apr
                  • Re: doxygen comments in header filesGuilhem Bichot12 Apr
                    • Re: doxygen comments in header filesTor Didriksen12 Apr
                  • Re: doxygen comments in header filesSergei Golubchik12 Apr
            • Re: doxygen comments in header filesMichael Widenius13 Apr
              • Re: doxygen comments in header filesDavi Arnaut13 Apr
    • Re: doxygen comments in header filesMichael Widenius6 Apr
      • Re: doxygen comments in header filesMARK CALLAGHAN6 Apr
        • Re: doxygen comments in header filesMichael Widenius13 Apr
  • Re: doxygen comments in header filesDavi Arnaut7 Apr
    • Re: doxygen comments in header filesGuilhem Bichot7 Apr
    • Re: doxygen comments in header filesKonstantin Osipov9 Apr
  • Re: doxygen comments in header filesIngo Strüwing12 Apr
    • Re: doxygen comments in header filesGuilhem Bichot15 Apr
      • Re: doxygen comments in header filesIngo Strüwing15 Apr
        • RE: doxygen comments in header filesVladislav Vaintroub16 Apr