List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:April 12 2010 11:20am
Subject:Re: doxygen comments in header files
View as plain text
Hi, Tor!

On Apr 12, Tor Didriksen wrote:

>>> No, as a heavy ctags user I prefer the function documentation near
>>> the implementation. With the exception of the public API headers,
>>> like plugin.h or mysql.h.
>>>
>>> I'm not going to argue my case though. But I would be happy to know
>>> a solution for ctags users for "documentation in the headers" style.
>>
>> I remember you raised the ctags problem previously, but I don't
>> remember what it was (just that it was about ctags not finding
>> information) :-( Could you please re-explain it?
>> Thanks!
>
> By default, etags will not tag function declarations.
> see 'man etags' and the --declarations option

Right. But as a downside on every jump I'll have a choice from two tags
to jump to and have to pick up the right one depending on whether I want
a documentation or a code :(

Oh well...

Regards,
Sergei
Thread
doxygen comments in header filesGuilhem Bichot31 Mar
  • Re: doxygen comments in header filesTor Didriksen6 Apr
    • Re: doxygen comments in header filesGuilhem Bichot6 Apr
      • Re: doxygen comments in header filesMats Kindahl6 Apr
    • Re: doxygen comments in header filesKristian Nielsen6 Apr
      • Re: doxygen comments in header filesGuilhem Bichot9 Apr
        • Re: doxygen comments in header filesTimour Katchaounov11 Apr
          • Re: doxygen comments in header filesDavi Arnaut11 Apr
            • Re: doxygen comments in header filesDavi Arnaut11 Apr
            • Re: doxygen comments in header filesSergei Golubchik11 Apr
              • Re: doxygen comments in header filesGuilhem Bichot12 Apr
                • Re: doxygen comments in header filesTor Didriksen12 Apr
                  • Re: doxygen comments in header filesGuilhem Bichot12 Apr
                    • Re: doxygen comments in header filesTor Didriksen12 Apr
                  • Re: doxygen comments in header filesSergei Golubchik12 Apr
            • Re: doxygen comments in header filesMichael Widenius13 Apr
              • Re: doxygen comments in header filesDavi Arnaut13 Apr
    • Re: doxygen comments in header filesMichael Widenius6 Apr
      • Re: doxygen comments in header filesMARK CALLAGHAN6 Apr
        • Re: doxygen comments in header filesMichael Widenius13 Apr
  • Re: doxygen comments in header filesDavi Arnaut7 Apr
    • Re: doxygen comments in header filesGuilhem Bichot7 Apr
    • Re: doxygen comments in header filesKonstantin Osipov9 Apr
  • Re: doxygen comments in header filesIngo Strüwing12 Apr
    • Re: doxygen comments in header filesGuilhem Bichot15 Apr
      • Re: doxygen comments in header filesIngo Strüwing15 Apr
        • RE: doxygen comments in header filesVladislav Vaintroub16 Apr