List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Karthik Gurukuntala Date:March 24 2010 6:26pm
Subject:Re: MySQL execution
View as plain text

--- On Tue, 23/3/10, Sergei Golubchik <sergii@stripped> wrote:

> From: Sergei Golubchik <sergii@stripped>
> Subject: Re: MySQL execution
> To: "Karthik Gurukuntala" <kgurukuntala@stripped>
> Cc: internals@stripped
> Date: Tuesday, 23 March, 2010, 8:48 AM
> Hi, Karthik!
>
> On Mar 23, Karthik Gurukuntala wrote:
> > > --- On Mon, 22/3/10, Patrick Galbraith <patg@stripped>

> without make install, always?

> execution "mysqld --help
> your setups.

> if you are averse to
> install MySQL locally
> --prefix=/home/karthik/mysql_testdir" (chose
> there.
> > > >
> >  Doesnt that require 'make install' at that
> location
> >  everytime i re-compile the source with some
> >  changes?(Actually am debugging the code to learn
> some
> >  aggregation operations' execution.)
>
> It does. But you can do 'make install' once, then delete
> the installed
> mysqld and replace it with a symlink to your mysqld binary
> in the source
> tree. Then you won't need to install anymore, recompile and
> run.
>
> Regards,
> Sergei

Sirs,
  I am now installing mysql locally as suggested earlier. Then, will do the symlink as
mentioned above.
However, when I try this

# bin/mysql_install_db --user=mysql

...this error is got.(First few lines...)

Installing MySQL system tables...
ERROR: 1  Can't create/write to file '/home/albert/install/mysql/var/mysql/db.MYI'
(Errcode: 13)
100324 23:46:05 [ERROR] Aborting

100324 23:46:05 [Note] /home/albert/install/mysql/libexec/mysqld: Shutdown complete

Installation of system tables failed!  Examine the logs in
/home/albert/install/mysql/var for more information.

And there are no log files as told in the error message.

What's wrong am I doing here?
I follow the steps under '2.10.1 Source Installation Overview' in the INSTALL-SOURCE file
that is in the source root folder.

Regards,
-Karthik

http://in.yahoo.com/

Thread
MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala22 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionPatrick Galbraith22 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionTimour Katchaounov23 Mar
Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala23 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionSergei Golubchik23 Mar
    • Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala23 Mar
      • Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala23 Mar
        • Re: MySQL executionTimour Katchaounov23 Mar
      • Re: MySQL executionSergei Golubchik23 Mar
    • Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala24 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionPhilip Stoev23 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionPatrick Galbraith24 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionMichael Widenius26 Mar
Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala24 Mar