List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Timour Katchaounov Date:March 23 2010 5:00pm
Subject:Re: MySQL execution
View as plain text
Karthik,

<cut>
>> Ok... so, is it the mysqld.o(inside workdir/sql) which gets
>> created after make in the source, the binary of the new
>> mysqld, that I have to symlink to 'mysqld_safe' in
>> '/home/karthik/install/mysql/bin/' ?
>>
>> my source is in '/home/karthik/source/workdir'.
>>
>> Regards,
>> -Karthik
>>
> I get that the above point i said is wrong.That, mysqld.o being the binary for
> mysqld....
>
>  Where is the binary of the mysqld in the source tree located? I am working on source
> mysql 5.5.1 m2.

Please re-read carefully my previous email, specifically the
command line I sent you. The answer is there.

Timour
Thread
MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala22 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionPatrick Galbraith22 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionTimour Katchaounov23 Mar
Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala23 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionSergei Golubchik23 Mar
    • Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala23 Mar
      • Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala23 Mar
        • Re: MySQL executionTimour Katchaounov23 Mar
      • Re: MySQL executionSergei Golubchik23 Mar
    • Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala24 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionPhilip Stoev23 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionPatrick Galbraith24 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionMichael Widenius26 Mar
Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala24 Mar