List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Karthik Gurukuntala Date:March 23 2010 3:38pm
Subject:Re: MySQL execution

> From: Karthik Gurukuntala <kgurukuntala@stripped>
> Subject: Re: MySQL execution
> To: "Sergei Golubchik" <sergii@stripped>
> Cc: internals@stripped
> Date: Tuesday, 23 March, 2010, 12:52 PM

> > From: Sergei Golubchik <sergii@stripped>
> > Subject: Re: MySQL execution
> > To: "Karthik Gurukuntala" <kgurukuntala@stripped>
> > Cc: internals@stripped
> > Date: Tuesday, 23 March, 2010, 8:48 AM

> > your setups.

> that
> > if you are averse to
> least
> > install MySQL locally
> > --prefix=/home/karthik/mysql_testdir" (chose
> > there.
> > > > >
> > >  Doesnt that require 'make install' at that
> > location
> > >  everytime i re-compile the source with some
> > >  changes?(Actually am debugging the code to
> learn
> > some
> > >  aggregation operations' execution.)
> >
> > It does. But you can do 'make install' once, then
> delete
> > the installed
> > mysqld and replace it with a symlink to your mysqld
> binary
> > in the source
> > tree. Then you won't need to install anymore,
> recompile and
> > run.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Sergei
> >

> Ok... so, is it the mysqld.o(inside workdir/sql) which gets
> created after make in the source, the binary of the new
> mysqld, that I have to symlink to 'mysqld_safe' in
> '/home/karthik/install/mysql/bin/' ?
>
> my source is in '/home/karthik/source/workdir'.
>
> Regards,
> -Karthik

I get that the above point i said is wrong.That, mysqld.o being the binary for mysqld....

 Where is the binary of the mysqld in the source tree located? I am working on source
mysql 5.5.1 m2.

Regards,
-Karthik

      Your Mail works best with the New Yahoo Optimized IE8. Get it NOW!
http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/internetexplorer/

Thread
MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala22 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionPatrick Galbraith22 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionTimour Katchaounov23 Mar
Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala23 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionSergei Golubchik23 Mar
    • Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala23 Mar
      • Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala23 Mar
        • Re: MySQL executionTimour Katchaounov23 Mar
      • Re: MySQL executionSergei Golubchik23 Mar
    • Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala24 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionPhilip Stoev23 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionPatrick Galbraith24 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionMichael Widenius26 Mar
Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala24 Mar