List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Karthik Gurukuntala Date:March 23 2010 12:52pm
Subject:Re: MySQL execution
View as plain text

--- On Tue, 23/3/10, Sergei Golubchik <sergii@stripped> wrote:

> From: Sergei Golubchik <sergii@stripped>
> Subject: Re: MySQL execution
> To: "Karthik Gurukuntala" <kgurukuntala@stripped>
> Cc: internals@stripped
> Date: Tuesday, 23 March, 2010, 8:48 AM
> Hi, Karthik!
>
> On Mar 23, Karthik Gurukuntala wrote:
> > > --- On Mon, 22/3/10, Patrick Galbraith <patg@stripped>

> without make install, always?

> execution "mysqld --help
> your setups.

> if you are averse to
> install MySQL locally
> --prefix=/home/karthik/mysql_testdir" (chose
> there.
> > > >
> >  Doesnt that require 'make install' at that
> location
> >  everytime i re-compile the source with some
> >  changes?(Actually am debugging the code to learn
> some
> >  aggregation operations' execution.)
>
> It does. But you can do 'make install' once, then delete
> the installed
> mysqld and replace it with a symlink to your mysqld binary
> in the source
> tree. Then you won't need to install anymore, recompile and
> run.
>
> Regards,
> Sergei

Ok... so, is it the mysqld.o(inside workdir/sql) which gets created after make in the
source, the binary of the new mysqld, that I have to symlink to 'mysqld_safe' in
'/home/karthik/install/mysql/bin/' ?

my source is in '/home/karthik/source/workdir'.

Regards,
-Karthik

      Your Mail works best with the New Yahoo Optimized IE8. Get it NOW!
http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/internetexplorer/

Thread
MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala22 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionPatrick Galbraith22 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionTimour Katchaounov23 Mar
Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala23 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionSergei Golubchik23 Mar
    • Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala23 Mar
      • Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala23 Mar
        • Re: MySQL executionTimour Katchaounov23 Mar
      • Re: MySQL executionSergei Golubchik23 Mar
    • Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala24 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionPhilip Stoev23 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionPatrick Galbraith24 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionMichael Widenius26 Mar
Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala24 Mar