List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:March 23 2010 8:48am
Subject:Re: MySQL execution
View as plain text
Hi, Karthik!

On Mar 23, Karthik Gurukuntala wrote:
> > --- On Mon, 22/3/10, Patrick Galbraith <patg@stripped>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > From: Patrick Galbraith <patg@stripped>
> > > Subject: Re: MySQL execution
> > > To: "Karthik Gurukuntala" <kgurukuntala@stripped>
> > > Cc: internals@stripped
> > > Date: Monday, 22 March, 2010, 5:10 PM
> > > >
> > > Karthik,
> > >
> > > You should example MySQL's options for execution "mysqld --help
> > > --verbose" and use the proper options for your setups.
> > >
> > > For a better situation, I would suggest that if you are averse to
> > > installing MySQL system-wide,to at least install MySQL locally
> > > using  "./configure --prefix=/home/karthik/mysql_testdir" (chose
> > > a name of your liking) and run it from there.
> > >
>  Doesnt that require 'make install' at that location
>  everytime i re-compile the source with some
>  changes?(Actually am debugging the code to learn some
>  aggregation operations' execution.)

It does. But you can do 'make install' once, then delete the installed
mysqld and replace it with a symlink to your mysqld binary in the source
tree. Then you won't need to install anymore, recompile and run.

Regards,
Sergei
Thread
MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala22 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionPatrick Galbraith22 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionTimour Katchaounov23 Mar
Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala23 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionSergei Golubchik23 Mar
    • Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala23 Mar
      • Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala23 Mar
        • Re: MySQL executionTimour Katchaounov23 Mar
      • Re: MySQL executionSergei Golubchik23 Mar
    • Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala24 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionPhilip Stoev23 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionPatrick Galbraith24 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionMichael Widenius26 Mar
Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala24 Mar