List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Karthik Gurukuntala Date:March 23 2010 4:44am
Subject:Re: MySQL execution
View as plain text

> --- On Mon, 22/3/10, Patrick Galbraith <patg@stripped>
> wrote:
>
> > From: Patrick Galbraith <patg@stripped>
> > Subject: Re: MySQL execution
> > To: "Karthik Gurukuntala" <kgurukuntala@stripped>
> > Cc: internals@stripped
> > Date: Monday, 22 March, 2010, 5:10 PM
> > Karthik Gurukuntala wrote:
> > > how to execute the compiled mysql without make
> > install, always?
> > >

> > >       The INTERNET now has a
> > personality. YOURS! See your Yahoo! Homepage. http://in.yahoo.com/
> > >

> > Karthik,
> >
> > You should example MySQL's options for execution
> >
> > "mysqld --help --verbose" and use the proper options
> for
> > your setups.
> >
> > For a better situation, I would suggest that if you
> are
> > averse to
> > installing MySQL system-wide,to at least install
> MySQL
> > locally using
> > "./configure --prefix=/home/karthik/mysql_testdir"
> (chose a
> > name of your
> > laking) and run it from there.
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > Patrick

 Doesnt that require 'make install' at that location
 everytime i re-compile the source
> with some
 changes?(Actually am debugging the code to learn some
 aggregation operations'
> execution.)

-K

      The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Yahoo!
> Homepage. http://in.yahoo.com/

Thread
MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala22 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionPatrick Galbraith22 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionTimour Katchaounov23 Mar
Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala23 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionSergei Golubchik23 Mar
    • Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala23 Mar
      • Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala23 Mar
        • Re: MySQL executionTimour Katchaounov23 Mar
      • Re: MySQL executionSergei Golubchik23 Mar
    • Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala24 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionPhilip Stoev23 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionPatrick Galbraith24 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionMichael Widenius26 Mar
Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala24 Mar