List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Patrick Galbraith Date:March 22 2010 5:10pm
Subject:Re: MySQL execution
View as plain text
Karthik Gurukuntala wrote:
> how to execute the compiled mysql without make install, always?
>

>       The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Yahoo! Homepage.
> http://in.yahoo.com/

Karthik,

You should example MySQL's options for execution

"mysqld --help --verbose" and use the proper options for your setups.

For a better situation, I would suggest that if you are averse to
installing MySQL system-wide,to at least install MySQL locally using
"./configure --prefix=/home/karthik/mysql_testdir" (chose a name of your
laking) and run it from there.

regards,

Patrick
Thread
MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala22 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionPatrick Galbraith22 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionTimour Katchaounov23 Mar
Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala23 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionSergei Golubchik23 Mar
    • Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala23 Mar
      • Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala23 Mar
        • Re: MySQL executionTimour Katchaounov23 Mar
      • Re: MySQL executionSergei Golubchik23 Mar
    • Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala24 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionPhilip Stoev23 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionPatrick Galbraith24 Mar
  • Re: MySQL executionMichael Widenius26 Mar
Re: MySQL executionKarthik Gurukuntala24 Mar