List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 10 2010 5:46pm
Subject:Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in
binary packages?
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Patrick" == Patrick Galbraith <patg@stripped> writes:

Patrick> Monty, et al,
Patrick> I also had created a project with SQL bench on Launchpad that the
Patrick> Drizzle team was using (having added support to sql-bench for Drizzle).
Patrick> It can be found at: https://launchpad.net/sql-bench

Patrick> Maybe we ought to coordinate?

The problem with having sql-bench separately, is that we have now
started to actively sql-bench to test our newest optimizations and
features.

This will make each sql-bench more MariaDB release specific and a
newer sql-bench may not necessarily work with an older version if
MariaDB.

I agree we should coordinate as much as possible, the question is just
what the best way to do it.

However the project to run mysqld and sql-bench with a lot of different
configurations is quite independent from sql-bench itself and could
almost qualify as another project.

Lets discuss this is more detail as soon Hakan got the new
multi-run mysqld + sql-bench testing script ready.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binarypackages?Joerg Bruehe9 Feb
  • RE: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Vladislav Vaintroub9 Feb
    • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Joerg Bruehe9 Feb
  • re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Michael Widenius10 Feb
    • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?MARK CALLAGHAN10 Feb
      • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Sergei Golubchik10 Feb
      • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Michael Widenius11 Feb
        • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Patrick Galbraith11 Feb
          • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Michael Widenius10 Mar
            • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Brian Aker10 Mar
              • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz14 Apr
                • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Brian Aker14 Apr
                • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Konstantin Osipov14 Apr
                  • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Stewart Smith15 Apr
                    • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz15 Apr