List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Konstantin Osipov Date:March 4 2010 5:36pm
Subject:Re: Change request to WL#3561 - transactional LOCK TABLE
View as plain text
* Ingo Strüwing <Ingo.Struewing@stripped> [10/03/04 20:30]:

> Sinisa requests to change WL#3561 (transactional LOCK TABLE) so that
> READ/WRITE locks are converted to SHARE/EXCLUSIVE locks for
> transactional tables.

If we convert WRITE locks to exclusive storage engine locks,
DDL under lock tables will again lead to numerous deadlocks,
as it is the case in 5.1.

I see no immediate issue with converting READ locks to
engine locks.
Thread
Change request to WL#3561 - transactional LOCK TABLEIngo Strüwing4 Mar
  • Re: Change request to WL#3561 - transactional LOCK TABLEKonstantin Osipov4 Mar
  • Re: Change request to WL#3561 - transactional LOCK TABLESergei Golubchik4 Mar
Re: Change request to WL#3561 - transactional LOCK TABLEKonstantin Osipov4 Mar
  • Re: Change request to WL#3561 - transactional LOCK TABLEIngo Strüwing4 Mar