List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vladislav Vaintroub Date:February 28 2010 5:35pm
Subject:CMake worklog WL#5161 pushed
View as plain text
Hello,
those who already read it (this was posted to internal mailing list
already), please ignore.

Last week pushed the CMake work into the externally visible 5.5 and 6.0
based trees, e.g here
https://code.launchpad.net/~mysql/mysql-server/mysql-next-mr . You can
build MySQL Server with CMake on Unix platforms now (on Windows, it was
already the case)
Our continuous integration system Pushbuild is building with CMake on
many machines already.  I put some info on how to build  with CMake here
http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/CMake so interested can now start compiling
with it.

Some words about coexistence :
- you can still build with autotools as usual, on a box where cmake is
not installed.
- On a box where cmake is installed
BUILD/autorun.sh;./configure;make
will build with CMake. (see also here
http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/CMake#Autotools_coexistence  for description
of how configure wrapper works) You can disable this behavior and force
autotools build ,  setting environment variable HAVE_CMAKE to "no".
Note: The only reason behind configure wrapper was to get CMake builds
running on cmake-agnostic Pushbuild, it does not  have features that are
possible with normal CMake build (for example there is no out-of-source
build) . Personally, I would not recommend to use configure wrapper as
convenience feature. Using CMake natively, as described in
http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/CMake  should be simple enough without any
wrapper.

- Scripts that use BUILD/autorun.sh and ./configure, e.g those i BUILD/
directory, will build with CMake too, if not disabled via HAVE_CMAKE=no.

Best regards,
Vladislav

Thread
CMake worklog WL#5161 pushedVladislav Vaintroub28 Feb