List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Davi Arnaut Date:February 26 2010 9:54pm
Subject:Re: I want to share, but bzr/launchpad won't let me
View as plain text
On 2/26/10 6:21 PM, MARK CALLAGHAN wrote:
> I am trying to publish the Facebook patch for MySQL 5.1. Not knowing
> that 5.1 releases are tagged in the 5.1 launchpad branch, I started by
> importing source from mysql-5.1.44.tar.gz and then did one commit per
> commit from our local git repo. I want to import those commits to a
> branch I made based on the 5.1.44 tag of the MySQL 5.1 branch in
> launchpad. Apparently, that isn't trivial as the merge command does
> way more than apply the specified revision. For the command below
> '/s/bzr/fb/5.1' is my bzr branch that started from the import of
> mysql-5.1.44.tar.gz and the command is run in the branch created by
> "bzr branch -r tag:mysql-5.1.44 5.1 5.1facebook"
>
> I guess I can write an awk script to parse 'bzr log -p' and split it
> into two files per commit (one for the diff, one for the commit
> message) and then write a script to replay those. There should be
> minimal diffs as the destination branch is 5.1.44 in launchpad and the
> source branch started out from mysql-5.1.44.tar.gz.  I have read a bit
> about bzr and consulted Domas and read
> http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/latest/en/user-guide/adv_merging.html
> and am surprised that this isn't easy to do. The URL cited states that
> cherry picking is easy to do. It doesn't work at all for me with bzr.

Probably because the file_id of the files differ. You will need to
extract the individual patches.

> Can mysql move to git?

I wish...

Thread
I want to share, but bzr/launchpad won't let meMARK CALLAGHAN26 Feb
  • Re: I want to share, but bzr/launchpad won't let meJonas Oreland26 Feb
  • Re: I want to share, but bzr/launchpad won't let meDavi Arnaut26 Feb
    • Re: I want to share, but bzr/launchpad won't let meStewart Smith1 Mar
      • Re: I want to share, but bzr/launchpad won't let meGuilhem Bichot5 Mar
        • Re: I want to share, but bzr/launchpad won't let meJonas Oreland5 Mar
          • Re: I want to share, but bzr/launchpad won't let meGuilhem Bichot5 Mar
            • Re: I want to share, but bzr/launchpad won't let meJonas Oreland5 Mar
  • Re: I want to share, but bzr/launchpad won't let meGuilhem Bichot5 Mar
    • Re: I want to share, but bzr/launchpad won't let meMARK CALLAGHAN17 Mar