List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Guilhem Bichot Date:February 26 2010 8:57am
Subject:Re: Unable to download the source tree using bazaar
View as plain text
Hello,

Karthik Gurukuntala a écrit, Le 26.02.2010 09:24:
> Thanks a lot Sir!
>
> 1)  I am checking out what you said : lp:mysql-server

Ah! I gave you the wrong URL! I am very sorry.
The latest is at:
bzr branch https://code.launchpad.net/~mysql/mysql-server/mysql-next-mr

>      I dont understand still why 6.0 is not the latest version.
>      I find in the launchpad site upon hovering over the links :
>            on 5.5 it says : Development Focus Series
>                 6.0 it says : Active Developement Series
>                 5.1 it says : Pre-release Freeze Series.
>
>     But 5.1 is more advanced/latest than 5.5 or 6.0. Right?

No, 5.1 is the stable release which customers and most users use. We do
no new feature development on it, only bugfixes.
5.5 is where new features are being developed.
6.0 used to be where new features were developed, but since months the
focus of most of our developers is now on 5.5. 6.0 has some features
inside which are not ready yet.

> 2) Yes Sir, it was a network error. I realised, am behind our College Squid-Proxy
> with not sufficient privileges to checkout from the repository. And I did try configuring
> bazaar.conf as mentioned in a forum, but no-luck.
> So, I requested our Systems Dept to allow me to do the same from their lab, which is
> what i am doing now, connecting directly to internet.
 >Is their any other way that i can go about instead of coming here for
every update or commit.

Launchpad is quite open on the Internet; if the College has
restrictions, I have no idea.

> 3) Why arent the source downloads in MySQL site updated with those from the
> bazaar/launchpad?

Source downloads on the MySQL site are meant to be usable by everybody.
They have passed more quality assurance tests than what is on launchpad.
On launchpad you find the latest, with code changes several times a day,
it may even not compile on a certain platform for a few hours (until we
notice it and fix it).

> 4) Also, is there a better way to manage development using any IDE like Sun Studio
> 12.1, NetBeans or Anjuta? Wherein IDEs like first two allow us with checkout, update and
> commit facilities with the repository.
>   Just curious to know how MySQL Developers develop!

There are lots of things. I tried Netbeans and Anjuta a month ago, but
went back to Emacs, and the command line for running bzr commands. It
all depends on the developer. Some use the vi editor, some use Microsoft
Visual Studio, etc etc.
Thread
Unable to download the source tree using bazaarKarthik Gurukuntala25 Feb
  • Re: Unable to download the source tree using bazaarGuilhem Bichot25 Feb
    • Re: Unable to download the source tree using bazaarKarthik Gurukuntala26 Feb
      • Re: Unable to download the source tree using bazaarGuilhem Bichot26 Feb
    • bazaar/launchpad down ?Hiromichi Watari10 Mar
      • Re: bazaar/launchpad down ?Lenz Grimmer15 Mar
        • Re: bazaar/launchpad down ?Hiromichi Watari15 Mar
          • Re: bazaar/launchpad down ?Lenz Grimmer15 Mar
            • Re: bazaar/launchpad down ?Hiromichi Watari18 Mar
              • doxygen documentation missing ?Hiromichi Watari10 Jan
              • Problem linking STL::map with mysqldHiromichi Watari2 Apr
                • Re: Problem linking STL::map with mysqldMagnus BlĂ„udd3 Apr
                  • Re: Problem linking STL::map with mysqldHiromichi Watari3 Apr
                    • Re: Problem linking STL::map with mysqldTor Didriksen4 Apr
                      • Re: Problem linking STL::map with mysqldHiromichi Watari4 Apr
                        • Re: Problem linking STL::map with mysqldTor Didriksen4 Apr
                          • Re: Problem linking STL::map with mysqldHiromichi Watari5 Apr
                • Re: Problem linking STL::map with mysqldSergei Golubchik4 Apr