List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Karthik Gurukuntala Date:February 26 2010 8:24am
Subject:Re: Unable to download the source tree using bazaar
View as plain text
Thanks a lot Sir!

1)  I am checking out what you said : lp:mysql-server

     I dont understand still why 6.0 is not the latest version.
     I find in the launchpad site upon hovering over the links :
           on 5.5 it says : Development Focus Series
                6.0 it says : Active Developement Series
                5.1 it says : Pre-release Freeze Series.

    But 5.1 is more advanced/latest than 5.5 or 6.0. Right?

2) Yes Sir, it was a network error. I realised, am behind our College Squid-Proxy with
not sufficient privileges to checkout from the repository. And I did try configuring
bazaar.conf as mentioned in a forum, but no-luck.
So, I requested our Systems Dept to allow me to do the same from their lab, which is what
i am doing now, connecting directly to internet. Is their any other way that i can go
about instead of coming here for every update or commit.

3) Why arent the source downloads in MySQL site updated with those from the
bazaar/launchpad?

4) Also, is there a better way to manage development using any IDE like Sun Studio 12.1,
NetBeans or Anjuta? Wherein IDEs like first two allow us with checkout, update and commit
facilities with the repository.
  Just curious to know how MySQL Developers develop!

Regards,
-Karthik G.