List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stewart Smith Date:February 16 2010 6:48am
Subject:Re: Getting handler of a table
View as plain text
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 21:47:37 +0100, Merve Soner <msoner@stripped> wrote:
> I am trying to implement an automatic insert function inside MySQL. In
> other words, when a SELECT query is run on the first table the result
> of this query should be written to another table.

sounds like you're trying to create an audit log of who is accessing

If you hook into the handler calls, you'll get a bunch of unneeded rows
taht would then be eliminated during query execution (think of a WHERE
condition on a full table scan).

Stewart Smith
Getting handler of a tableMerve Soner13 Feb
  • Re: Getting handler of a tableStewart Smith16 Feb
  • Re: Getting handler of a tableSergei Golubchik16 Feb
Re: Getting handler of a tableSergei Golubchik22 Feb