List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Patrick Galbraith Date:February 11 2010 2:27pm
Subject:Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in
binary packages?
View as plain text
Monty, et al,

I also had created a project with SQL bench on Launchpad that the
Drizzle team was using (having added support to sql-bench for Drizzle).
It can be found at: https://launchpad.net/sql-bench

Maybe we ought to coordinate?

--Patrick

Michael Widenius wrote:
> Hi!

>>> It's true that the comparisons results are not very usable anymore,
>>> but the sql-bench test is still a very good test to include:
>>>
>>> - It's tests totally different things than mysql-test-run
>>> - It can be used to very fast test for regression in base code.
>>>  (We plan to make this part of our build system to test for
>>>   regression and I suggest you do the same!)
>>> - It's also very easy to use for end users as a base to do a fast test
>>>  of the speed of some specific feature and how different options
>>>  affects this.
>>>

> MARK> I think sql-bench is underutilized. I will begin using it for my local
> MARK> builds as a performance regression test. It might also be useful to
> MARK> share results between developers. For dbas, it would be good to
> MARK> improve it to a point where it could do basic performance testing to
> MARK> compare different hardware and configurations.
>
> We are just working to set up a system where one can trivially run
> sql-bench with a lot of different configure and mysqld startup
> options.
>
> This will be published at:
> https://launchpad.net/mariadb-tools
>
> We are planning to do 20+ different runs on MariaDB the next 2 weeks and
> publish the results. (Almost all the results are of course relevant
> for MySQL too).
>
> When we publish the results we will also publish more information
> about the test runs and ask for suggestions for other things to test.
>
> Regards,
> Monty

Thread
Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binarypackages?Joerg Bruehe9 Feb
  • RE: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Vladislav Vaintroub9 Feb
    • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Joerg Bruehe9 Feb
  • re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Michael Widenius10 Feb
    • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?MARK CALLAGHAN10 Feb
      • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Sergei Golubchik10 Feb
      • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Michael Widenius11 Feb
        • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Patrick Galbraith11 Feb
          • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Michael Widenius10 Mar
            • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Brian Aker10 Mar
              • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz14 Apr
                • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Brian Aker14 Apr
                • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Konstantin Osipov14 Apr
                  • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Stewart Smith15 Apr
                    • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz15 Apr