List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:February 10 2010 6:14pm
Subject:Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in
binary packages?
View as plain text
Hi, MARK!

On Feb 10, MARK CALLAGHAN wrote:
> > It's true that the comparisons results are not very usable anymore,
> > but the sql-bench test is still a very good test to include:
> >
> > - It's tests totally different things than mysql-test-run
> > - It can be used to very fast test for regression in base code.  (We
> > plan to make this part of our build system to test for regression
> > and I suggest you do the same!)
> > - It's also very easy to use for end users as a base to do a fast
> > test of the speed of some specific feature and how different options
> > affects this.
>
> I think sql-bench is underutilized. I will begin using it for my local
> builds as a performance regression test. It might also be useful to
> share results between developers. For dbas, it would be good to
> improve it to a point where it could do basic performance testing to
> compare different hardware and configurations.

On the other hand, there's a project on launchpad dedicated to
sql-bench, and perhaps, there's no compelling reason to have sql-bench
also in mysql/mariadb trees ?

Regards,
Sergei
Thread
Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binarypackages?Joerg Bruehe9 Feb
  • RE: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Vladislav Vaintroub9 Feb
    • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Joerg Bruehe9 Feb
  • re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Michael Widenius10 Feb
    • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?MARK CALLAGHAN10 Feb
      • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Sergei Golubchik10 Feb
      • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Michael Widenius11 Feb
        • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Patrick Galbraith11 Feb
          • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Michael Widenius10 Mar
            • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Brian Aker10 Mar
              • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz14 Apr
                • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Brian Aker14 Apr
                • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Konstantin Osipov14 Apr
                  • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful inbinary packages?Stewart Smith15 Apr
                    • Re: Cleanup proposal: Is the "sql-bench" subtree still useful in binary packages?Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz15 Apr