List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Elena Kasyanova Date:February 8 2010 1:55pm
Subject:Changing innodb_buffer_pool_size on the fly
View as plain text
Hello!

It is not possible to reconfigure innodb_buffer_pool_size via SET
GLOBAL ... or smth, but I want to implement this option in order to
use it when server load changes significantly.

Exploring the source code I see a "buf_pool_resize" function in
./storage/innodb_plugin/buf/buf0buf.c that is not called anywhere.
I can see how I can set up a callback for changing a system variable.

So, given a ready resize function and the ability to make a callback,
the solution seems quite simple.
Are there any issues that do not allow to implement this resize?
Or something else that should be considered?

Thanks, Elena.
Thread
Changing innodb_buffer_pool_size on the flyElena Kasyanova8 Feb
  • Re: Changing innodb_buffer_pool_size on the flyRick James8 Feb
    • Re: Changing innodb_buffer_pool_size on the flyElena Kasyanova9 Feb
    • Re: Changing innodb_buffer_pool_size on the flyRob Wultsch9 Feb
      • Re: Changing innodb_buffer_pool_size on the flyElena Kasyanova9 Feb
        • Re: Changing innodb_buffer_pool_size on the flyXuekun Hu10 Feb
    • Re: Changing innodb_buffer_pool_size on the flyRick James18 Oct