List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Yan Yu Date:December 20 2009 5:10pm
Subject:system_charset_info
View as plain text
Dear Mysql experts,
     I just started working on MySql source code at Facebook.
I hope you could help shed some light on one question I have:

I am working on MySQL 5.138:
    I am changing system_charset_info in sql/mysqld.cc from
system_charset_info= &my_charset_utf8_general_ci;
to:
system_charset_info= &my_charset_latin1;

and this change seems having broken many tests in mysql-test-run.
As part of this investigation, we have found one bug in mysql source
code and
one test case in which the test writer did not consider the case where
system_charset_info could be something other than
my_charset_utf8_general_ci, e.g., my_charset_latin1, where a char is
represented by a single byte.
There are still many other broken test cases that we need to
investigate.

My Q is:
have anyone tried to change system_charset_info in sql/mysqld.cc and
what is your experience? what changes you need to make in order to
make all the included test suites pass?

Any pointers on what this change may break is also very appreciated!
Best,
yan
Thread
system_charset_infoYan Yu20 Dec
  • re: system_charset_infoMichael Widenius22 Dec
  • Re: system_charset_infoAlexander Barkov23 Dec
Re: system_charset_infoMichael Widenius22 Dec
  • RE: system_charset_infoYan Yu23 Dec
  • Re: system_charset_infoAlexander Barkov23 Dec
    • Re: system_charset_infoYan Yu24 Dec