List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mats Kindahl Date:November 26 2009 9:15am
Subject:Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.
View as plain text

Kristian Nielsen wrote:
> Yuan Wang <wangyuanzju@stripped> writes:
>
>> Sorry for one more question. My engine just fill the columns marked in
>> read_set (and primary keys as above) to before_record, and leaves
>> others untouched. I though that these unneeded columns can left as
>> garbage in before_record because MySQL will not use them. Now I know
>> this is not true, they will be written out into the binlog. However I
>> still won't fill these unneeded columns for perfmance reasons. So,
>> should I mark these unfilled columns to be NULL?
>
> I am pretty sure that NDB does not fill in these columns to be NULL. So I
> would think it is not necessary but I do not know the details.

Yes, but NDB is using the injector interface, which allows only some columns to
be replicated.

/Matz

--
Mats Kindahl
Senior Software Engineer
Database Technology Group
Sun Microsystems
Thread
Primary key is miss in row based replication.Yuan Wang20 Nov
  • Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.Venu Kalyan20 Nov
  • Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.Venu Kalyan20 Nov
  • Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.Mats Kindahl20 Nov
    • Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.Yuan Wang21 Nov
      • Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.Mats Kindahl24 Nov
        • Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.Yuan Wang25 Nov
          • Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.Kristian Nielsen25 Nov
          • Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.Mats Kindahl25 Nov
            • Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.Yuan Wang26 Nov
              • Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.Kristian Nielsen26 Nov
                • Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.Mats Kindahl26 Nov
              • Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.Mats Kindahl26 Nov
Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.Yuan Wang20 Nov