List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kristian Nielsen Date:November 26 2009 7:25am
Subject:Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.
View as plain text
Yuan Wang <wangyuanzju@stripped> writes:

> Sorry for one more question. My engine just fill the columns marked in
> read_set (and primary keys as above) to before_record, and leaves
> others untouched. I though that these unneeded columns can left as
> garbage in before_record because MySQL will not use them. Now I know
> this is not true, they will be written out into the binlog. However I
> still won't fill these unneeded columns for perfmance reasons. So,
> should I mark these unfilled columns to be NULL?

I am pretty sure that NDB does not fill in these columns to be NULL. So I
would think it is not necessary but I do not know the details.

 - Kristian.
Thread
Primary key is miss in row based replication.Yuan Wang20 Nov
  • Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.Venu Kalyan20 Nov
  • Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.Venu Kalyan20 Nov
  • Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.Mats Kindahl20 Nov
    • Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.Yuan Wang21 Nov
      • Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.Mats Kindahl24 Nov
        • Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.Yuan Wang25 Nov
          • Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.Kristian Nielsen25 Nov
          • Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.Mats Kindahl25 Nov
            • Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.Yuan Wang26 Nov
              • Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.Kristian Nielsen26 Nov
                • Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.Mats Kindahl26 Nov
              • Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.Mats Kindahl26 Nov
Re: Primary key is miss in row based replication.Yuan Wang20 Nov