List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reggie Burnett Date:November 12 2009 9:13pm
Subject:Re: Cross-platform build with CMake
View as plain text
> Ok, so this replaces the win/configure.js ? Good!
>
> I guess a main part of the work now will be to implement all of the options
> from the autotools build system for CMake? Well maybe not _all_ of them, there
> is probably a lot of old cruft in there that could be cleaned up.
>
> One suggestion would be to use the ./configure style options to be more
> similar with the existing build system. It was a bit of a mistake when I wrote
> the original CMake stuff (with Reggie) that the Windows options got different
> names from the autotools options :-(. Seems like now would be a good time to
> fix this?

I'll have to take full responsibility for that as I alone was the
original author of our cmake scripts.  I didn't concern myself with
making the names the same as I really never imagined that the linux
folks would be willing to give up their autotools.  I still am not sure
they are but I am maintaining hope.   Ever since that day in Prague when
I first started planning a completely different Windows build system I
have hoped that one day we could replace autotools with it.  Maybe now
is the time....

Thread
Cross-platform build with CMakeVladislav Vaintroub12 Nov
  • Re: Cross-platform build with CMakeKristian Nielsen12 Nov
    • Re: Cross-platform build with CMakeReggie Burnett12 Nov
    • Re: Cross-platform build with CMakeSergei Golubchik12 Nov
    • RE: Cross-platform build with CMakeVladislav Vaintroub12 Nov
    • Re: Cross-platform build with CMakeMats Kindahl13 Nov