List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:November 9 2009 10:26pm
Subject:Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?
View as plain text
Hi, Zardosht!

On Nov 09, Zardosht Kasheff wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Thank you to everybody for having this discussion on the mailing list.
> It is very helpful.
>
> What is this two phase commit that the engine must implement? I am
> only aware of a function in the handlerton named commit. Is there any
> documentation for this online?

Ours is a subset of http://www.opengroup.org/pubs/catalog/c193.htm
I intentionally tried not to require from engines anything which is not
in the standard.

Of course MySQL doesn't need an engine to be fully compliant with the
above standard, we only use a small subset of it.

Regards / Mit vielen Grüßen,
Sergei

--
   __  ___     ___ ____  __
how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Zardosht Kasheff9 Nov
      • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Sergei Golubchik9 Nov
        • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?MARK CALLAGHAN9 Nov
          • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Sergei Golubchik9 Nov
            • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Ann W. Harrison9 Nov
              • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Zardosht Kasheff9 Nov
                • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Sergei Golubchik9 Nov
                • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Ann W. Harrison9 Nov
        • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Paul McCullagh11 Nov
  • RE: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Thomas Jones-Low9 Nov