List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zardosht Kasheff Date:November 9 2009 9:24pm
Subject:Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?
View as plain text
Hello all,

Thank you to everybody for having this discussion on the mailing list.
It is very helpful.

What is this two phase commit that the engine must implement? I am
only aware of a function in the handlerton named commit. Is there any
documentation for this online?

-Zardosht

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Ann W. Harrison <ann@stripped> wrote:
> Sergei
>>
>> Yes, it works for any storage engine (for any number of storage
>> engines), it's not InnoDB-specific.
>>

> It works with Falcon.  All that's required is that the engine
> implements a two phase commit including recognizing that
> some identifiable transactions are stuck half way through the
> commit during recovery.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Ann

how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Zardosht Kasheff9 Nov
  • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Sergei Golubchik9 Nov
    • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Mats Kindahl9 Nov
  • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Mats Kindahl9 Nov
    • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?MARK CALLAGHAN9 Nov
      • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Sergei Golubchik9 Nov
        • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?MARK CALLAGHAN9 Nov
          • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Sergei Golubchik9 Nov
            • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Ann W. Harrison9 Nov
              • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Zardosht Kasheff9 Nov
                • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Sergei Golubchik9 Nov
                • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Ann W. Harrison9 Nov
        • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Paul McCullagh11 Nov
  • RE: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Thomas Jones-Low9 Nov