List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:November 9 2009 7:21pm
Subject:Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?
View as plain text
Hi, MARK!

On Nov 09, MARK CALLAGHAN wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Sergei Golubchik <serg@stripped> wrote:
> > On Nov 09, MARK CALLAGHAN wrote:
> >>
> >> Is the infrastructure that keeps InnoDB and the binlog in sync
> >> after crash recovery also available to other storage engines?
> >> Without that support, I wouldn't consider using anything other than
> >> InnoDB on a master.
> >
> > Yes.  If an engine supports XA it'll be part of two phase commit and
> > will be always in sync with binlog and other XA-capable engines
> > involved in the transaction.
> >
> What about the interface by which MySQL gives InnoDB the list of XIDs
> from the current binlog so InnoDB cannot rollback transactions that
> were prepared before the crash but not committed. Is that available to
> other storage engines?

I don't recognize the interface you're talking about, sorry :(

It works the other way around - during XA crash recovery InnoDB gives
MySQL the list of prepared transactions, MySQL scans binlog for Xid
events (which serve as "committed" marks) and explicitly asks InnoDB to
commit all transactions found in the binlog and rollback the rest.

Yes, it works for any storage engine (for any number of storage
engines), it's not InnoDB-specific.

Regards / Mit vielen Grüßen,
Sergei

--
   __  ___     ___ ____  __
how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Zardosht Kasheff9 Nov
      • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Sergei Golubchik9 Nov
        • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?MARK CALLAGHAN9 Nov
          • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Sergei Golubchik9 Nov
            • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Ann W. Harrison9 Nov
              • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Zardosht Kasheff9 Nov
                • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Sergei Golubchik9 Nov
                • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Ann W. Harrison9 Nov
        • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Paul McCullagh11 Nov
  • RE: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Thomas Jones-Low9 Nov