List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:MARK CALLAGHAN Date:November 9 2009 6:49pm
Subject:Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?
View as plain text
On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Sergei Golubchik <serg@stripped> wrote:
> Hi, MARK!
>
> On Nov 09, MARK CALLAGHAN wrote:
>>
>> Is the infrastructure that keeps InnoDB and the binlog in sync after
>> crash recovery also available to other storage engines? Without that
>> support, I wouldn't consider using anything other than InnoDB on a
>> master.
>
> Yes.
> If an engine supports XA it'll be part of two phase commit and will be
> always in sync with binlog and other XA-capable engines involved in the
> transaction.
>
> But the part of XA that is only enabled *without* binlog is poorly
> tested.  That is if there's more than one XA-capable engine and binlog
> is off - there will be dragons.

What about the interface by which MySQL gives InnoDB the list of XIDs
from the current binlog so InnoDB cannot rollback transactions that
were prepared before the crash but not committed. Is that available to
other storage engines?

--
Mark Callaghan
mdcallag@stripped
      • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Sergei Golubchik9 Nov
        • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?MARK CALLAGHAN9 Nov
          • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Sergei Golubchik9 Nov
            • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Ann W. Harrison9 Nov
              • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Zardosht Kasheff9 Nov
                • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Sergei Golubchik9 Nov
                • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Ann W. Harrison9 Nov
        • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Paul McCullagh11 Nov
  • RE: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Thomas Jones-Low9 Nov