List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:November 9 2009 6:36pm
Subject:Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?
View as plain text
Hi, MARK!

On Nov 09, MARK CALLAGHAN wrote:

> Is the infrastructure that keeps InnoDB and the binlog in sync after
> crash recovery also available to other storage engines? Without that
> support, I wouldn't consider using anything other than InnoDB on a
> master.

Yes.
If an engine supports XA it'll be part of two phase commit and will be
always in sync with binlog and other XA-capable engines involved in the
transaction.

But the part of XA that is only enabled *without* binlog is poorly
tested.  That is if there's more than one XA-capable engine and binlog
is off - there will be dragons.

Regards / Mit vielen Grüßen,
Sergei

--
   __  ___     ___ ____  __
how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Zardosht Kasheff9 Nov
      • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Sergei Golubchik9 Nov
        • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?MARK CALLAGHAN9 Nov
          • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Sergei Golubchik9 Nov
            • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Ann W. Harrison9 Nov
              • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Zardosht Kasheff9 Nov
                • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Sergei Golubchik9 Nov
                • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Ann W. Harrison9 Nov
        • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Paul McCullagh11 Nov
  • RE: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Thomas Jones-Low9 Nov