List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zardosht Kasheff Date:November 9 2009 3:29am
Subject:how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?
View as plain text
Hello all,

I realize this is a bit of a general question, but I am not sure where
to start looking.

How does one determine if a storage engine supports replication/binary logging?

I see that a storage engine must expose the flags
HA_BINLOG_ROW_CAPABLE and HA_BINLOG_STMT_CAPABLE, but I do not see
anything the storage engine needs to actually do. What is the
contract? For other flags, exposing them implies something that the
storage engine can do. For example, setting
HA_PRIMARY_KEY_IN_READ_INDEX implies that the storage engine must be
able to retrieve the primary key when doing a scan of a secondary

However, for binary logging, I do not see any functions the storage
engine must implement and I cannot find any contract the storage
engine must fulfill. However, the existence of the flags makes me
think that the storage engine must be doing something.

Any ideas on what I should read or where to look?

Thanks
-Zardosht
Thread
how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Zardosht Kasheff9 Nov
  • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Sergei Golubchik9 Nov
    • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Mats Kindahl9 Nov
  • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Mats Kindahl9 Nov
    • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?MARK CALLAGHAN9 Nov
      • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Sergei Golubchik9 Nov
        • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?MARK CALLAGHAN9 Nov
          • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Sergei Golubchik9 Nov
            • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Ann W. Harrison9 Nov
              • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Zardosht Kasheff9 Nov
                • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Sergei Golubchik9 Nov
                • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Ann W. Harrison9 Nov
        • Re: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Paul McCullagh11 Nov
  • RE: how does one know if their storage engine supports replication?Thomas Jones-Low9 Nov