List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stewart Smith Date:October 19 2009 11:54pm
Subject:Re: Profiler
View as plain text
On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 04:37:01PM +0200, Patrick Lau wrote:
> Im wondering if there is such a thing like gprofiler or sunprofiler to
> measure the processing cost in cpu cycles or milliseconds for mysql...
> , memory usage and so on...
>
> Thanks for anwsers/hints in advance,

There's several.

Assuming you're talking about linux, there's perf, oprofile, callgrind
and gprof (at least, and i'd use them in about that order).

If wanting to track things back to SQL statements, that gets trickier,
and I only have proof-of-concept code to do it for Drizzle.
See
http://www.flamingspork.com/blog/2009/10/10/how-many-cpu-cycles-does-a-sql-query-take-or-pagefaults-caused-or-l2-cache-misses-or-cpu-migrations/

hope this helps,
stewart