List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 21 2009 9:51am
Subject:Re: Contribution: fix for BUG#42742
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Masood" == Masood Mortazavi <masoodmortazavi@stripped>
> writes:

Masood> Hi Anna -
Masood> Thanks for the clarification.

Masood> Now, I'm really really confused what e-mail address you're using for
Masood> your communications on this and similar mysql.com forums. Are you
Masood> using Monty's e-mail address to communicate on this forum or
Masood> sca@stripped or some other address?

Sorry, I was, like in this case, using Monty's email client to answer
the email, as he notified me of the issue

Masood> (With this e-mail, we've now asked you multiple time to update your
Masood> user profile and use an e-mail alias that is consistent and unique for
Masood> your user profile on forge and bugs db, and only use that e-mail alias
Masood> to communicate on these forums.)

Sorry, but I thought that would not be needed just to attribute code
to Sun.  The signature should have made it clear who sent the email,
the fact that I was using Monty's email client to save time should
not have been important.

Masood> As I noted, and because of confusions like this, it is extremely
Masood> important (and indeed a requirement) that you  (as an SCA signatory
Masood> and contributor) use a consistent e-mail address which should also be
Masood> possible to identify with your mysql.com forums (bugs db, forge,
Masood> internals) profile. It should be transparent what e-mails or bugs
Masood> reports, etc., you've posted to the forums when.

Which is what was used for the contributed code.

Masood> Otherwise, we'll run into problems like this, again and again --
Masood> something we wish to avoid.

Masood> So, please send, ASAP, this information (i.e. the unique e-mail
Masood> address you are activating to correspond to your mysql.com forums'
Masood> user profile) to Liz D. so we can update our SCA signatory database
Masood> and so that you can be identified (by other contributors and
Masood> participants as well as by us) when you use your unique e-mail alias
Masood> to communicate on these forums.

I am using sca@stripped
Please be kind and forward this to her.
Thread
Contribution: fix for BUG#42742sca20 Oct
  • Re: Contribution: fix for BUG#42742Brian Aker20 Oct
  • Re: Contribution: fix for BUG#42742Masood Mortazavi20 Oct
    • Re: Contribution: fix for BUG#42742Michael Widenius21 Oct
      • Re: Contribution: fix for BUG#42742Masood Mortazavi21 Oct
        • Re: Contribution: fix for BUG#42742Michael Widenius21 Oct
          • Re: Contribution: fix for BUG#42742Masood Mortazavi21 Oct
      • Re: Contribution: fix for BUG#42742Giuseppe Maxia21 Oct
Re: Contribution: fix for BUG#42742sca21 Oct
Re: Contribution: fix for BUG#42742sca21 Oct