List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:October 20 2009 5:10pm
Subject:Re: Unit testing
View as plain text
Hi, Kristian!

On Oct 20, Kristian Nielsen wrote:
> Jay Pipes <Jay.Pipes@stripped> writes:
>
> > I think having mysqltest for the functional SQL testing is necessary
> > and there isn't a comparable framework for that kind of testing "out
> > in the open".  On the contrast, there are many quality unit testing
> > libraries in the open source space.
>
> Yes, we need two. But three?

unit.pl supports TAP - test anything protocol.
TAP does not specify what language or framework is used for writing unit
tests.

Googletest is a set of classes to write unit tests in C++.
If the resulting binary can produce TAP compatible output (and Tor has
solved that, now it can) then make test-unit will automatically pick up
all googletest unit tests.

I'm not going to argue that googletest is better that libmytap, but I
can believe that it is.

So, it'll still be two "test suites" - mysql-test/ (using mysql-test-run
driver) and unittest/ (using unit.pl driver and TAP protocol).

Regards / Mit vielen Grüßen,
Sergei

--
Unit testingTor Didriksen20 Oct