List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kristian Nielsen Date:October 20 2009 3:04pm
Subject:Re: Unit testing
View as plain text
Tor Didriksen <Tor.Didriksen@stripped> writes:

> I just wrote a couple of tests using gtest,
> trying to show that it is a lot more expressive than mytap.
> There are currently *very few* unit tests in the codebase.
> If people think unit tests are a good idea, then maybe
> they will actually start writing them, given a better framework.

Hm. Maybe it is only in the Maria branch that many unit tests have been
written? But I suppose it will be merged one day (or maybe not).

> I use unit.pl as a test runner, so no re-invention there.

Ah, so is that possible?

Didn't realise that. If one could use multiple frameworks for writing
different kinds of unit tests, that could actually be cool... different kinds
of tests might have different needs.

Really great if your work can improve unit testing!

 - Kristian.
Thread
Unit testingTor Didriksen20 Oct
  • Re: Unit testingKristian Nielsen20 Oct
    • Re: Unit testingTor Didriksen20 Oct
      • Re: Unit testingJay Pipes20 Oct
        • Re: Unit testingKristian Nielsen20 Oct
          • Re: Unit testingSergei Golubchik20 Oct
      • Re: Unit testingKristian Nielsen20 Oct
        • Re: Unit testingTor Didriksen21 Oct
  • RE: Unit testingVladislav Vaintroub21 Oct
    • Re: Unit testingTor Didriksen22 Oct