List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ingo Strüwing Date:October 20 2009 3:04pm
Subject:Re: Coding style committee [Re: [style] Proposal for include guard
naming and usage]
View as plain text
Hi Jay,

Jay Pipes, 20.10.2009 15:51:

> You may also want to contact:
>
>  Paul McCullagh
>  Jim Starkey
>  Monty Widenius
>  Rick James
>  Calvin Sun or Heikki at Oracle
>  folks at Tokutek, Calpont, Infobright, etc

Thank you very much for the list.

However it still leaves open, how exactly to form a community vote. The
last time, we made a decision, we identified the major teams working on
the server. Each team entitled a representative for a vote in the
committee. The representative was expected to discuss the topics within
the team and come to the meeting with a team vote. I wonder, how the
community can be involved in this procedure, or if a new procedure might
serve the purpose better.

I believe, I've seen network voting before, but I don't know details.
After an announcement there was a time frame during which votes were
accepted. But I don't know, how voters have been selected. This all must
be done transparently, while protecting personal data.

This might all be too much effort for a relative small issue. But facing
the enraged protest last time, I'd rather see this be done correctly.

Regards
Ingo
--
Ingo Strüwing, Database Group
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder,   Wolfgang Engels,   Wolf Frenkel
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Martin Häring   HRB München 161028
Thread
[style] Proposal for include guard naming and usageMats Kindahl2 Oct
  • Re: [style] Proposal for include guard naming and usageKristian Nielsen2 Oct
    • Re: [style] Proposal for include guard naming and usageMats Kindahl2 Oct
      • Re: [style] Proposal for include guard naming and usageMats Kindahl19 Oct
        • Re: [style] Proposal for include guard naming and usageIngo Strüwing19 Oct
          • Re: [style] Proposal for include guard naming and usageMats Kindahl19 Oct
            • Coding style committee [Re: [style] Proposal for include guard namingand usage]Ingo Strüwing19 Oct
              • Re: Coding style committee [Re: [style] Proposal for include guardnaming and usage]Mats Kindahl20 Oct
                • Re: Coding style committee [Re: [style] Proposal for include guardnaming and usage]Jay Pipes20 Oct
                  • Re: Coding style committee [Re: [style] Proposal for include guardnaming and usage]Ingo Strüwing20 Oct
                    • Re: Coding style committee [Re: [style] Proposal for include guardnaming and usage]Jay Pipes20 Oct