List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay Pipes Date:October 20 2009 1:51pm
Subject:Re: Coding style committee [Re: [style] Proposal for include guard
naming and usage]
View as plain text
Mats Kindahl wrote:

> Ingo Strüwing wrote:
>> Hi Mats,
>>
>> Mats Kindahl, 19.10.2009 15:08:
>>
>>> Hi Ingo,
>>>
>>> I don't know either, but I would be fine with a call for a meeting, say, once
>>> week if there are outstanding proposals that should be handled.
>>>
>>> Who is the chair? Kostja?
>> The specification does not mention a "chair". But it was Kostja, who
>> drove the process so far. Unfortunately, he is low of time.
>>
>> <off-topic>
>> Some observations/suggestions.
>>
>> The one meeting held so far was a phone conference. This means that
>> there is only little log about it available. I suggest to consider an
>> IRC meeting next time.
>>
>> There was critique from the community about poor involvement. I suggest
>> to consider ways to integrate a community vote somehow. Perhaps the
>> meeting could be done on FreeNode. This would need to be announced some
>> time in advance. Anyway, the people entitled to vote shall be selected
>> in advance. Not, who is there by chance shall vote.
>>
>> The list of members of the committee might need to be updated.
>> </off-topic>
>
> It makes sense.
>
> I don't have a strong opinion on using voice calls for the meetings, so IRC at
> Freenode sounds fine with me. Since we used a chat for the code examples last
> time anyway, it might even turn out better.
>
> Question is who should be a community representative? Of those relatively active
> on the mailing list with experience in working with the code I know only a few:
> Kristian, Mark (Facebook), and possibly Justin (Google).

You may also want to contact:

  Paul McCullagh
  Jim Starkey
  Monty Widenius
  Rick James
  Calvin Sun or Heikki at Oracle
  folks at Tokutek, Calpont, Infobright, etc

Cheers!

Jay

Thread
[style] Proposal for include guard naming and usageMats Kindahl2 Oct
  • Re: [style] Proposal for include guard naming and usageKristian Nielsen2 Oct
    • Re: [style] Proposal for include guard naming and usageMats Kindahl2 Oct
      • Re: [style] Proposal for include guard naming and usageMats Kindahl19 Oct
        • Re: [style] Proposal for include guard naming and usageIngo Strüwing19 Oct
          • Re: [style] Proposal for include guard naming and usageMats Kindahl19 Oct
            • Coding style committee [Re: [style] Proposal for include guard namingand usage]Ingo Strüwing19 Oct
              • Re: Coding style committee [Re: [style] Proposal for include guardnaming and usage]Mats Kindahl20 Oct
                • Re: Coding style committee [Re: [style] Proposal for include guardnaming and usage]Jay Pipes20 Oct
                  • Re: Coding style committee [Re: [style] Proposal for include guardnaming and usage]Ingo Strüwing20 Oct
                    • Re: Coding style committee [Re: [style] Proposal for include guardnaming and usage]Jay Pipes20 Oct