List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tor Didriksen Date:October 20 2009 1:24pm
Subject:Re: Unit testing
View as plain text
On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 14:54:41 +0200, Kristian Nielsen
<knielsen@stripped> wrote:

> Tor Didriksen <Tor.Didriksen@stripped> writes:
>
>> Why don't we start writing unit tests for MySQL code?
>
> But you already did?!?
>
>     $ ls mysql-5.1.39/unittest/
>     examples  Makefile  Makefile.am  Makefile.in  mysys  mytap
> README.txt  unit.pl
>
>> I have been experimenting with the google unit testing framework lately.
>
> Please, *please* don't reinvent the wheel. It's bad enough to have two
> different test frameworks, adding a third would just make matters even
> worse.
>
>  - Kristian.

I just wrote a couple of tests using gtest,
trying to show that it is a lot more expressive than mytap.
There are currently *very few* unit tests in the codebase.
If people think unit tests are a good idea, then maybe
they will actually start writing them, given a better framework.

I use unit.pl as a test runner, so no re-invention there.

-- didrik

Thread
Unit testingTor Didriksen20 Oct
  • Re: Unit testingKristian Nielsen20 Oct
    • Re: Unit testingTor Didriksen20 Oct
      • Re: Unit testingJay Pipes20 Oct
        • Re: Unit testingKristian Nielsen20 Oct
          • Re: Unit testingSergei Golubchik20 Oct
      • Re: Unit testingKristian Nielsen20 Oct
        • Re: Unit testingTor Didriksen21 Oct
  • RE: Unit testingVladislav Vaintroub21 Oct
    • Re: Unit testingTor Didriksen22 Oct