List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Konstantin Osipov Date:October 20 2009 8:31am
Subject:Re: help -- how do I return an error?
View as plain text
* Marc Alff <marc.alff@stripped> [09/10/20 07:00]:
> > I want to return an error in the patch I submitted for
> > http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=48124
> > This document appears to be out of date:
> > http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/MySQL_Internals_Error_Messages
> >
> > How do I return an error for a SQL command? There is my_message,
> > my_error, my_printf_error and push_warning in MySQL source. Most of
> > these are not described by the URL above.

If you're extending a storage engine, you shouldn't raise an error
at all.

You should return an error code and expect the caller to invoke (or choose
not to invoke) handler::print_error().

help -- how do I return an error?MARK CALLAGHAN20 Oct
  • Re: help -- how do I return an error?Marc Alff20 Oct
    • Re: help -- how do I return an error?Konstantin Osipov20 Oct
    • Re: help -- how do I return an error?MARK CALLAGHAN28 Oct
      • Re: help -- how do I return an error?Marc Alff29 Oct
        • Re: help -- how do I return an error?Michael Widenius31 Oct
          • Re: help -- how do I return an error?MARK CALLAGHAN31 Oct