List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mats Kindahl Date:October 20 2009 6:45am
Subject:Re: Coding style committee [Re: [style] Proposal for include guard
naming and usage]
View as plain text

Ingo Strüwing wrote:
> Hi Mats,
>
> Mats Kindahl, 19.10.2009 15:08:
>
>> Hi Ingo,
>>
>> I don't know either, but I would be fine with a call for a meeting, say, once a
>> week if there are outstanding proposals that should be handled.
>>
>> Who is the chair? Kostja?
>
> The specification does not mention a "chair". But it was Kostja, who
> drove the process so far. Unfortunately, he is low of time.
>
> <off-topic>
> Some observations/suggestions.
>
> The one meeting held so far was a phone conference. This means that
> there is only little log about it available. I suggest to consider an
> IRC meeting next time.
>
> There was critique from the community about poor involvement. I suggest
> to consider ways to integrate a community vote somehow. Perhaps the
> meeting could be done on FreeNode. This would need to be announced some
> time in advance. Anyway, the people entitled to vote shall be selected
> in advance. Not, who is there by chance shall vote.
>
> The list of members of the committee might need to be updated.
> </off-topic>

It makes sense.

I don't have a strong opinion on using voice calls for the meetings, so IRC at
Freenode sounds fine with me. Since we used a chat for the code examples last
time anyway, it might even turn out better.

Question is who should be a community representative? Of those relatively active
on the mailing list with experience in working with the code I know only a few:
Kristian, Mark (Facebook), and possibly Justin (Google).

Just my few cents,
Mats Kindahl

--
Mats Kindahl
Senior Software Engineer
Database Technology Group
Sun Microsystems
Thread
[style] Proposal for include guard naming and usageMats Kindahl2 Oct
  • Re: [style] Proposal for include guard naming and usageKristian Nielsen2 Oct
    • Re: [style] Proposal for include guard naming and usageMats Kindahl2 Oct
      • Re: [style] Proposal for include guard naming and usageMats Kindahl19 Oct
        • Re: [style] Proposal for include guard naming and usageIngo Strüwing19 Oct
          • Re: [style] Proposal for include guard naming and usageMats Kindahl19 Oct
            • Coding style committee [Re: [style] Proposal for include guard namingand usage]Ingo Strüwing19 Oct
              • Re: Coding style committee [Re: [style] Proposal for include guardnaming and usage]Mats Kindahl20 Oct
                • Re: Coding style committee [Re: [style] Proposal for include guardnaming and usage]Jay Pipes20 Oct
                  • Re: Coding style committee [Re: [style] Proposal for include guardnaming and usage]Ingo Strüwing20 Oct
                    • Re: Coding style committee [Re: [style] Proposal for include guardnaming and usage]Jay Pipes20 Oct