List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kristian Nielsen Date:October 15 2009 11:00am
Subject:Re: String:c_ptr makes me unhappy
View as plain text
Michael Widenius <monty@stripped> writes:

> As far as I can remember, I haven't seen very, very few bugs in the
> way String is used in MySQL becasue of c_ptr().

I think I have seen several bugs with this, where the buffer was allocated too
short, so there was no room for the trailing '\n'.

That also seems a good argument for not just eliminating all Valgrind warnings
on this.

In any case, I agree with Mark that this is a case where the code is too
subtle, and very easy for developers to trip over.

 - Kristian.
Thread
String:c_ptr makes me unhappyMARK CALLAGHAN14 Oct
  • re: String:c_ptr makes me unhappyMichael Widenius14 Oct
    • Re: String:c_ptr makes me unhappyMARK CALLAGHAN14 Oct
      • Re: String:c_ptr makes me unhappyMichael Widenius14 Oct
        • Re: String:c_ptr makes me unhappyKristian Nielsen15 Oct
          • Re: String:c_ptr makes me unhappyMichael Widenius15 Oct