List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zardosht Kasheff Date:September 25 2009 2:41pm
Subject:is MySQL query execution single threaded?
View as plain text
Hello all,

I want to maintain some statistics while a statement is executing
(number of rows inserted, updated, deleted, or read). If query
execution is single threaded (e.g. two handlers will not be reading
rows from different indexes in parallel for an index merge), then
maintaining these statistics becomes easy. I do not have to worry
about concurrency issues.

With that said, is query execution single-threaded? Or are threads
spawned for parallel execution?

Thanks
-Zardosht
Thread
is MySQL query execution single threaded?Zardosht Kasheff25 Sep
  • Re: is MySQL query execution single threaded?Konstantin Osipov25 Sep
    • Re: is MySQL query execution single threaded?Hartmut Holzgraefe28 Sep
      • RE: is MySQL query execution single threaded?Rick James2 Oct
      • RE: is MySQL query execution single threaded?Rick James7 Dec