List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kristian Nielsen Date:September 16 2009 10:06am
Subject:Re: Contribution: Fix for BUG#42742
View as plain text

Giuseppe Maxia <Giuseppe.Maxia@stripped> writes:

> Theoretically, it shouldn't be any problem, from what AskMonty says about
> the SCA.

Just to make things clear: the particular problem in this case with the SCA is
that the _contributer_ does not feel that the SCA is sufficiently clear about
limiting the scope of exactly which development related to MySQL is
contributed to Sun and which is not.

This is the reason that the MCA adds an explicit clarification:

  "Each submission must explicitly be marked that it's donated under the MCA."

Now, in general I see other serious problems with both the SCA and MCA, and I
do not really feel like defending either of them. But for this (and similar)
small contributions, a clarification of the above point would greatly improve
the attractiveness of contributing under the SCA.

Hope this helps,

 - Kristian.
Thread
Contribution: Fix for BUG#42742Sergey Petrunya9 Sep
  • Re: Contribution: Fix for BUG#42742Jay Pipes9 Sep
  • Re: Contribution: Fix for BUG#42742Masood Mortazavi16 Sep
    • Re: Contribution: Fix for BUG#42742Vladimir Shebordaev16 Sep
      • Re: Contribution: Fix for BUG#42742Giuseppe Maxia16 Sep
    • Re: Contribution: Fix for BUG#42742Kristian Nielsen16 Sep
      • Re: Contribution: Fix for BUG#42742Giuseppe Maxia16 Sep
        • Re: Contribution: Fix for BUG#42742Masood Mortazavi17 Sep