List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Giuseppe Maxia Date:September 16 2009 8:44am
Subject:Re: Contribution: Fix for BUG#42742
View as plain text
Vladimir Shebordaev wrote:
> 2009/9/16 Masood Mortazavi <masoodmortazavi@stripped>:
>> Hi Sergey!
>>
>> Thank you very much for your proposed contribution and interest in
>> MySQL here, which we always welcome. (It is good to see you continue
>> to be interested in MySQL after your recent move.)
>>
>> Please note that, as with all Sun open source projects (such as
>> OpenSolaris and Java), Sun requires contributors to MySQL to sign the
>> Sun Contributor Agreement (SCA) except in the case of trivial bug
>> fixes that only require a small change.
>>
>> Having an SCA in effect will enable and facilitate discussion
>> regarding your ideas and allows us to accept code contributions to
>> MySQL, through the internals and bugs db system.
>
> Hm-m.. I wonder would you give the same explanations to Monty if he
> wanted to contribute himself? :)

Theoretically, it shouldn't be any problem, from what AskMonty says about
the SCA.
http://askmonty.org/wiki/index.php/MCA_FAQ
"Where did the MCA come from?

The MCA is based on Sun's Contributor Agreement. We think it is one of the
best contributor agreements around!"

Giuseppe

--
Giuseppe Maxia, MySQL Community Team Lead
Sun Microsystems, www.mysql.com