List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Konstantin Osipov Date:August 19 2009 10:54pm
Subject:Re: why is the alarm thread used instead of SO_SNDTIMEO and SO_RCVTIMEO
View as plain text
* Vladimir Shebordaev <vladimir.shebordaev@stripped> [09/08/20 02:19]:
> I'm not quite deep into the history but as far as I can see vio layer
> does honor those socket options on the platforms they are implemented
> and expected to be working. Btw, POSIX does not require thes options
> to be settable.

Right, but we don't need to rely on them either. poll/select
should do fine on all platforms we support nowadays.

why is the alarm thread used instead of SO_SNDTIMEO and SO_RCVTIMEOMARK CALLAGHAN19 Aug
  • Re: why is the alarm thread used instead of SO_SNDTIMEO and SO_RCVTIMEOKonstantin Osipov19 Aug
  • Re: why is the alarm thread used instead of SO_SNDTIMEO and SO_RCVTIMEOVladimir Shebordaev19 Aug
    • Re: why is the alarm thread used instead of SO_SNDTIMEO and SO_RCVTIMEOKonstantin Osipov20 Aug