List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:August 5 2009 12:20pm
Subject:Re: DELIMETER problem in testing, and other testing stuff
View as plain text
Hi, Joseph!

On Aug 04, Joseph Lukas wrote:
> I am trying to test the command in using a stored function.  The log file
> stops at the DELIMITER every time and will not set however I have no issues
> with running the commands outside the test suite in normal MySQL. The
> content of the test is at the bottom of the e-mail.

I'll reply to this below

> I also do realize that the variables I am setting do not really have
> anything to do with the commands in the test.  I am mainly running the test
> in order to check the function with different types of commands.

That's fine.

> So I figured I should simply be testing that they are set, returned,
> and works properly after errors and with various commands.

Yes, it's ok.

> A question as well of how do you change the date_format variable, or any
> other date type variable to another setting such as %M/%D/%Y or similar?

You don't.
The manual says "This variable is unused."

> DELIMITER :
> CREATE FUNCTION myProc (cost DECIMAL(10,2))
>    RETURNS DECIMAL(10,2)
>
>    SQL SECURITY DEFINER
>
>    tax: BEGIN
>        DECLARE order_tax DECIMAL(10,2);
>        SET order_tax = cost * .05;
>        RETURN order_tax;
>    END:
> DELIMITER ;

Two problems. First - you have the delimiter (colon) in the body of
your function. Try a different delimiter, e.g. |

Second - see how delimiter is used in, e.g., sp.test:

  delimiter |;
  create procedure empty()
  begin
  end|
  delimiter ;|

That is, you need to terminate the delimiter command with the *old*
delimiter

Regards / Mit vielen Grüßen,
Sergei

--
DELIMETER problem in testing, and other testing stuffJoseph Lukas4 Aug