List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zardosht Kasheff Date:July 16 2009 6:05pm
Subject:Re: help with index_merge and clustering keys
View as plain text
Hello,

In TokuDB, one can cluster on multiple keys
(http://blogs.tokutek.com/tokuview/introducing_multiple_clustering_indexes).
With this feature, the index_merge intersect code seems to need some
tweaking. Sergey and Rick have been kind enough to help me out in
solving this problem on this thread.

In the example below, I think Rick's implicit assumption was that keys
were either non-covering or clustered.

Thanks
-Zardosht

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Michael Widenius<monty@stripped> wrote:

> This is true for the given query, but not in general.
>
> Assume you have in an InnoDB table and an index on (b,c) and 'a' is
> the primary key. In this case:
>
> select c from foo where a=1 and b = 1
>
> I't better to scan the index (b,c) than scan the primary key as you
> get all key parts from this index, but it's much less to scan as you
> don't have to access all the other columns from the table.
>

> Rick> * Both a and b are clustered:  Again, the other key is useless; simply
> use the clustered key.
>
> How can you have something clustered on to different key?
> (Normally you can only cluster on one key at a time)
>
> Regards,
> Monty

Thread
help with index_merge and clustering keysZardosht Kasheff23 Jun
  • Re: help with index_merge and clustering keysZardosht Kasheff9 Jul
    • Re: help with index_merge and clustering keysSergey Petrunya10 Jul
      • Re: help with index_merge and clustering keysZardosht Kasheff10 Jul
        • RE: help with index_merge and clustering keysRick James10 Jul
          • RE: help with index_merge and clustering keysMichael Widenius16 Jul
            • Re: help with index_merge and clustering keysZardosht Kasheff16 Jul
            • RE: help with index_merge and clustering keysRick James16 Jul
              • RE: help with index_merge and clustering keysMichael Widenius19 Jul
        • Re: help with index_merge and clustering keysSergey Petrunya12 Jul
          • Re: help with index_merge and clustering keysZardosht Kasheff12 Jul
            • Re: help with index_merge and clustering keysSergey Petrunya15 Jul
              • RE: help with index_merge and clustering keysRick James15 Jul
              • Re: help with index_merge and clustering keysZardosht Kasheff24 Jul